Nurturing your relationships..
Couples work can involve many areas and is often more complex than individual work. It involves two or more individuals, their personal histories, and a co-created relationship between them. Here are some areas that couples or intimate partners may be interested in working on:
· General relationship issues
· Ineffective or dysfunctional communication
· Repetitive negative cycles or interactions
· Loneliness, isolation, or lack of intimacy
· Premarital work: marriage preparation, decisions around marriage, becoming parents,
Parenting style conflict
· Repairing relationship injuries: building and securing trust within the relationship
· Sexual concerns: Desire discrepancy, sexual pain, sexual exploration, monogamy, polyamory, identity, sexual trauma
· Pregnancy concerns
· Post-birth concerns, post-partum depression, etc.
· Adjusting to being a new parent
· Loss of intimacy after having a child
· Loss or confused identity after having children
· Miscarriage or abortion